Background[edit | edit source]
Adelaide was formerly the only flavor specialist working for the Edgewater Saltuna Cannery. She was good at her job and her skills allowed the cannery to sell exotic flavors of saltuna including citrus-flavored.
Adelaide was one of the first people to leave Edgewater. Her decision to do so followed the death of her son, Marvin. Marvin worked at the Saltuna Cannery and was one of the first people in Edgewater to fall sick with plague. When Marvin died after Reed Tobson refused to use the town's limited resources on treating him, Adelaide gathered her belongings and left the town. She settled in the Botanical Labs and other deserters from Edgewater eventually joined her camp. However, despite starting a new life, Adelaide has never forgiven Reed for the death of her son.
The success of the Deserters' camp springs predominantly from Adelaide's ability to grow food for their members, despite the sourness of the soil which prevented Spacer's Choice botanists from being able to grow any crops for Edgewater. This has not only kept the Deserters fed but also free of plague. Adelaide's secret is that she has been grinding up human corpses and mixing them in with her fertilizer for years.
Player Interactions[edit | edit source]
|Available interactions with Adelaide McDevitt|
Related Quests[edit | edit source]
- Comes Now the Power: The Stranger has the option of speaking to Adelaide before going to the Geothermal Power Plant. Adelaide will request that they divert the power to the Botanical Labs rather than to Edgewater.
- If the Stranger chooses to divert the power to Edgewater, they have the option to replace Reed Tobson with Adelaide, either by killing the former or by convincing him to leave of his own accord.
Notable Items[edit | edit source]
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Outside of dialogue, Adelaide can be seen drinking Spectrum Vodka right out of the bottle.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Reed Tobson, on Adelaide McDevitt, Saltuna Cannery (Edgewater)
- Adelaide McDevitt, on why she hates Edgewater, Botanical Labs (Emerald Vale)
- Reed Tobson: "The soil's gone sour. Company said as much. Our own botanists couldn't grow decent crops for us. So the company got rid of 'em and shut down the greenhouse."
- Adelaide McDevitt: "Tell him how I've made the Vale bloom again. The soil has whispered its secrets to me, and I alone know how to breathe life back into the earth. The secret is human corpses. I've been grinding 'em' up in my fertilizer for years. Marauder. Worker. Don't matter much to me. A human body is rich with nutrients."