Comes Now the Power is a main quest in the Outer Worlds.
Workers are abandoning the town of Edgewater. Reed Tobson, Edgewater's administrator, wants to force these deserters to return to town by shutting off their power. On the other hand, Adelaide McDevitt pleads for the Stranger to spare her band of deserters and divert power away from the Edgewater cannery instead.
- Killing Reed Tobson or Adelaide McDevitt will reward the stranger with the Obsidian Skull ship decoration.
- Diverting Power to Botanical labs will reward the stranger with the Puffball Plant ship decoration.
- Diverting Power to Edgewater will reward the stranger with the Edgewater Sign ship decoration.
- Killing both Reed and Adelaide will botch the quest.
- Killing Chester Higgins before talking to him results in not getting his password preventing the Reprogram the Automechanicals objective.
- The (Optional) Reprogram the Automechanicals stage requires Persuade 10, Intimidate 10 or Lie 46 to start.
- Thomas Kemp requires at least one of the guides to mechanical engineering in order for you to convince him to return to Edgewater.
- If you kill any of the Deserters prior to starting Comes Now the Power, Reed's office will be sealed preventing the player from starting the quest, effectively trapping the player on Terra 2.