“Our system works - we've racked up more confirmed kills than any other crew you can hire.
The Corporate Compliance Crew, also known as C3, are a band of mercenaries operating in Monarch.
Background[edit | edit source]
C3 was contracted by Hiram Blythe to kill creatures and persons that emerge from Devil's Peak Cavern. The contract specifies marauders, Iconoclasts, Monarch Stellar Industries operatives and anyone deemed too 'hobo-like' in appearance, however their guidelines allow for leeway in identifying threats to the client. Their contract does not include anything about the ones taking the mountain path, which is how marauders have broken into Devil's Peak Station. They demonstrate some overall leniency in how they execute the terms of their contracts, willing to make concessions if they receive the appropriate financial compensation.
C3 uses the corporate model because it is the "oldest and most efficient, not to mention stable" structure, and because corporations have certain rights that individuals do not. Their services are "deservedly expensive" and the members get a bonus for every confirmed kill. This has led to them allegedly racking up more confirmed kills than any other mercenary crew which can be hired.
Members[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- During Errors Unseen, C3's presence can be reported to Sanjar Nandi, however he comments that they are "hardly a corporation" and "more like a jumped-up band of thugs with certain pretensions." While C3 is not the corporate presence he is looking for, Celia Robbins says that they appreciate the diligence.
References[edit | edit source]
- Donald Anderson: "We're mercs. And our current contract mandates that we annihilate any creatures - or persons - that emerge from the tunnel."
- Lance, about the Stranger's business on Devil's Peak, C3 Barracks (Monarch Wilderness)
- Berthold Fox: "Our current gig's to stop, by means of lethal force, any creatures exiting the caverns - including but not limited to marauders, Iconoclasts, and agents operating for the MSI."
- Donald Anderson: "Don't we as a standing policy provide an alternative to termination via financial restitution? Addie, our Chief Financial Officer could confirm, but I'm betting if you're willing to compensate us for our lost time and productivity due to this arbitration, you could pass."
- Berthold Fox, when asked why a group of mercs would label themselves as a corporate entity, C3 Barracks
- Berthold Fox, if the Stranger has cleared the station without their help: "We have an image to uphold. Our services are deservedly expensive. Now I shall have to pay you so that future clients continue to recognize the value of our work."
- Hudson: "Save some for us, will you? We get a bonus for every confirmed kill. Sure wish the boss man would let us loose..."
- Berthold Fox: "Our system works - we've racked up more confirmed kills than any other crew you can hire."