Background[edit | edit source]
Personality[edit | edit source]
Ellie Fenhill is a surgeon turned pirate with a jaded outlook on life. Apathetic and easygoing, she rarely judges people for their way of life or the decisions they make. When working as a mercenary she values professionalism and doesn't like to form relationships or share her emotions. She also dislikes red tape, bureaucracy or anything else that could undermine her independence.
Before the events of The Outer Worlds[edit | edit source]
Marilyn "Ellie" Fenhill was raised by her wealthy socialite parents in Byzantium. Ellie studied to become a surgeon despite her lack of interest in the profession. Dissatisfied with decadence, safety and bureaucracy of the city, she fled to become a mercenary and an adventurer.
Player interactions[edit | edit source]
On few occasions, Ellie will doubt Stranger's motivation for doing things - she doesn't believe in altruism and helping others "because it is right thing to do" or in "doing something out of the goodness of one's heart".  Even talking about friendship makes her uncomfortable - she doesn't like to "introspect".
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Ellie wears a custom made ammo belt and has a "pirate haircut" - she wants to look like a stereotypical pirate, since she wants to "advertise her business somehow".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Ellie: "I was a top-tier surgeon, but I could hardly open a pack of gauze without then people signing off first."
- Ellie: "I trained as a surgeon. More my folks' idea than mine, but I made the best of it."
- Ellie's dialogue during The Low Crusade: "See, this is why I had to get out of Byzantium. Not sure what comes next for me, though. I've never been much of a planner."
- Ellie: "Don't make it weird. Even you've gotta be in it for the money now and then. Why else would you go through all this trouble?"
- Ellie: "Enough of the touchy-feelies, huh?"
- Ellie: "You don't have to get all mushy about it."
- Ellie's dialogue when asked about her past experiences with other captains.