“The fence? You'll find her in the Rest-n-Go. Make sure you bring an empty belly.
Background[edit | edit source]
The old lady, as she calls herself, is famous for her cooking and "do it yourself" abilities - she is particularly proud of her sugar cookies, but she also knits pillows stuffed with the hair of famous tossball players.
Player interactions[edit | edit source]
|Available interactions with Gladys Culkelly|
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- Passage to Anywhere: The Stellar Bay Navkey can be purchased from Gladys for 10,000 bits.
- The Distress Signal: Gladys gives the Stranger a copy of a distress signal from Roseway and offers to buy any valuable data that they find there.
- Don't Bite The Sun: Parvati wants to buy some soap from Gladys.
- Weapons from the Void: Gladys sells two datapads which provide clues to the locations of the Prismatic Hammer and Mandibular Rearranger.
Notable items[edit | edit source]
Most of her "official" inventory is consumables, but she sells several notable items:
- Salvager's Helper - a unique pistol dealing corrosion damage
- Battered Mardet Datapad
- Hephaestos Hephaestus Mining - Archive Cartridge
- Stellar Bay Navkey - can be bought via dialogue for 10,000 bits
Additional notes[edit | edit source]
- Gladys holds weekly magazine club meetings at Rest-N-Go.
- Gladys follows "The Chairman's Children" serial, and invites the Stranger to join her in listening.
- When trading with Gladys, she will mention several items like a kettle, ceramic mantipillar or a throw pillow she made which may suggest those things will appear in her merchant inventory, but none of those items are actually for sale.
References[edit | edit source]
- When he was short on bits, Udom Bedford pawned his Official Seal of Halcyon Holdings Board to Gladys.
- Gladys: "If you should find any infromation worth selling, might be I could find a buyer. Corporate bigwigs'll pay top bits for inside information on their competitiors."
- Gladys: "Did the neighbors tell you how good my sugar cookies are? Made without a single natural ingredient or an oven, just like store-bought."
- Gladys: "I also knit throw pillows stuffed with the hair of famous tossball players. But that's more of a passion project."
Parvati: "I'm not sure that's entirely legal"
Gladys: "That's half of the reason I make them, my dear."
- Gladys: "Do you know Edna, over in Engineering? Sweet as a pea, that one. On occasion, she'll pass along transmissions I might find interesting."
- Gladys: "He was quite the dancer back in his prime, did he tell you? Real light on his feet. Real light on his wallet too. He still owes me a small fortune. Laws, maybe I should charge you double."