“He is so obsessed with preaching that he's become blind to our actual problems!
Background[edit | edit source]
Bryant was formerly a writer for MSI's product catalog. It was his purpose to "spread awareness of saltuna in its various forms." He was a gifted writer, but had problems with brevity and he disregarded the rules when it came to fonts and formats. His supervisors also noticed some "subversive undertones" in his works.
He was friends with Sanjar Nandi.
Interactions with the Stranger[edit | edit source]
In the years since he founded the Iconoclasts, Graham has become ever more desperately determined to spread the Philosophist message across the colony. He regularly orders his troops — all the while insisting they are willful volunteers, who answer to no one — into dangerous environs in pursuit of his farfetched propaganda campaign.
This builds tensions with his deputy, the Iconoclasts medical officer Zora Blackwood, who is concerned first and foremost with preserving the lives and well-being of her soldiers, and who has surpassed Graham as the group's tactical leader by the time the Stranger arrives.
If the Stranger investigates the pasts of the two subversive leaders, Blackwood can be led to believe that she must supplant Graham as Iconoclast leader, based on his actions amid the infamous Amber Heights massacre. Graham can't be persuaded to accept this move, and must be killed to make room for Blackwood. These events can enable the establishment of an Iconoclast-MSI alliance.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Some of Graham broadcasts can be picked up on the Groundbreaker.
Companion reactions[edit | edit source]
- Ellie: (after hearing that Graham sent Van Noys to Terra One Publications) "You're lucky they don't have airlocks on Monarch, or someone would've helped you into one by now."
References[edit | edit source]
- Graham Bryant: "Before all this? I was a writer for MSI's product catalog. It was my purpose to spread awareness of saltuna in its various forms."
- Archives, Records and Miscellaneous Storage terminal entries
- Gladys Culkelly: "Every once in a while, we get these snippets of radio chatter - Edna shows them to me. Some man hootin' and hollerin' 'bout *the light in us all*. Claims he's transmitting from Monarch, but who knows if that's true?"