“He's... he spooks easy.
Hiram Blythe, also know as "the Broker", is an information broker who runs Devil's Peak Station on Monarch. He has barricaded himself in the broadcast center at the top of the building, hiding from the marauders who have broken into the station.
Background[edit | edit source]
Hiram has played a very important role in the history of Monarch. Making use of his knowledge, he informed Sanjar Nandi and Graham Bryant regarding the intention of The Board to leave Monarch, aka Terra 1, and how they could bypass the laws to appropriate the planet legally.
Hiram hired the Corporate Compliance Crew to protect him from marauders. However, as he only specified that they were to kill anyone coming out of the tunnels beneath the station and not the mountain path, marauders were able to enter the station unimpeded via the latter route.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
|Available interactions with Hiram Blythe|
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- Canid's Cradle
- Radio Free Monarch: Phineas believes Hiram may have the information on the chemicals needed to revive the Hope's colonists. He sends the Stranger to Monarch to meet with Hiram in person, since he hasn't respond to the messages Phineas had send him.
- Star-crossed Troopers
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Hiram has a scar on his chin, because when he was eleven, he was running with scissors and hurt himself.
- During Canid's Cradle the Stranger can offer the module to Blythe, but he will refuse.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Hiram Blythe, about the marauders in the station, Devil's Peak Station (Monarch Wilderness)
- Donald Anderson, about their contract with the Broker, C3 Barracks (Monarch Wilderness)
- Hiram: "Most of it's underneath along my jaw, but yes, it seems to have faded with time. Moral of the story is... never run with scissors."
- Hiram Blythe: "Me! I'd end up blasting myself from the face of the planet trying to disengage the target lock on the bloody thing. Thank you. But no."