“Name's Nyoka. I'm the best big game hunter on the planet.
Background[edit | edit source]
Nyoka is a booze-fueled hunter from the wild planet of Monarch. Her special ability consists of drinking all of her hip flask in one gulp and then opening fire on a target with her plasma light machine gun.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions with other crew members[edit | edit source]
Ellie[edit | edit source]
Surprisingly, despite of them competing and arguing frequently, Nyoka is really fond of Ellie. If Nyoka is in the company during The Low Crusade, after Ellie is politely asked by her parents to never show up at her family estate again, Nyoka will try to comfort her.
Vicar Max[edit | edit source]
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I plan to sit here and drink until I find myself awoken sober."
- "Nothing like the open air, Captain. My lungs are burning. I've got blisters on my toes and aches in my calves. This... this is a life!"
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- It is possible Nyoka was romantically involved with Hayes. Her dialogue with Ellie about "losing someone" and "burying him" doesn't trigger before the Stranger and Nyoka visit his grave and retrieve his medallion.
- If the player tells Nyoka to keep her CHARON medallions in her personal quest, they will appear in her cabin aboard the Unreliable.
- One of Nyoka's voice lines after using her Companion Action "To shreds, you say?" is likely a reference to Futurama.
- In the Swahili language, "nyoka" means "snake."
- If you pickpocket Nyoka's Journal off of her she will not join you as a companion.
References[edit | edit source]
- MSI Dispensary terminal entries#Nyoka
- Hiram Blythe: "Phineas has been in hiding for the past thirty-five years. He got in touch with Nyoka first, who I use as a physical go between. The rest is history."
- Sometimes Nyoka and Ellie engage in shooting competition in cargo bay of the Unreliable.
Ellie: "I definitely won that round!"
Nyoka: "You always seem to, huh?"
Ellie: "That's 'cause I'm usually right!"
Nyoka: "Next time, I work the score card."
- Nyoka: Well. Yesterday Ellie and I almost got to fighting. She turned a mite green when I cooked up a bit of rapt for dinner. I told her to toughten up. She almost punched me.
- Nyoka: I like her. Reminds me of Rebekkah. She's got a kind of spirit to her - the kind true freedom hasn't beaten down yet.
- Nyoka: "Um. Sorry about your folks, Ellie."
Ellie: "I am just sorry I forgot to search the liquor cabinet before we left."
Nyoka: "I... know that's a joke, but... be careful. I lost someone once. After I buried him, I raided his Rizzo stash for a bit of comfort, and I ain't stopped drinking since."
Ellie: "Who says it's a bad thing?"
- Nyoka: "A vicar, huh? You are true belever, or do you just like the tithes?"
- Nyoka: "Slimy man like you might fit just fine."
- Nyoka: "To be honest, after him, I... I stopped trying, because it hurt like hell to do so."
- Nyoka (asked on how she knows the other hunters were dead): "I saw it happen. Hell, one of them was in my arms at the time. His name was Hayes, and he's our first stop. I buried him a ways from our encampment."