Obsidian Entertainment is an American video game developer. Many of the company's original, as well as several modern, employees had worked on Fallout, Fallout 2, and Van Buren (the canceled Fallout 3 project).
Obsidian was founded in 2003 after the dissolution of Interplay Entertainment's Black Isle Studios. It continues to operate under management by its founding officers: Feargus Urquhart, Chris Parker, Darren Monahan, and Chris Jones. The company's first office was in Fergus Urquhart's attic before moving to an office park not too far away.
Bethesda Softworks announced on April 20, 2009, that a new game in the Fallout series, Fallout: New Vegas, was being developed by Obsidian. The game was released on October 19, 2010.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (released for Xbox in 2004 and for PC in 2005)
- Neverwinter Nights 2 (released for PC in 2006)
- Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer (released for PC in 2007)
- Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir (released for PC in 2008)
- Alpha Protocol (May 28, 2010)
- Fallout: New Vegas (Oct 19, 2010)
- Dungeon Siege III (Jun 21, 2011)
- Wheel of Time (co-developers; canceled)
- South Park: The Stick of Truth (2014)
- Pillars of Eternity (2015)
- Pathfinder Adventures (2016)
- Tyranny (2016)
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire (2018)
- The Outer Worlds (2019)