“Captain, something bit them. Something with more teeth than strictly necessary.
Raptidons are giant cat/reptile-like creatures that inhabit various planets in Halcyon. They are creatures native to Monarch, however some corporations have illegally imported them to other planets, such as Auntie Cleo who relocated a group of them to Roseway.
Biology[edit | edit source]
Raptidons have large neon-colored appendages around their mouth. They have large tails covered with spikes, a design that continues along their back. They are naturally hostile to other creatures and will attack anything that approaches them.
Raptidons are of corporate interest due to their potential for producing new chemical by-products which, when refined, can the be used to create new board approved products. Some examples include:
- N-Raptured: an aphrodisiac utilizing raptidon musk as its main ingredient
- Appezap (name pending): a diet toothpaste containing an appetite suppressant developed via research on enzymes specific to the raptidon digestive system
Raptidons have four different varieties of leptin analogues, the concentrations of which vary based on the season.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Raptidon Infant
- Raptidon Mauler: Can poison its prey with a rapid claw attack.
- Raptidon Spitter: Spits corrosive acid that burns through armor.
- Raptidon Stalker: Spits acid puddles on the ground that snare any creature caught in it.
- Raptidon Matriarch: a female raptidon kept inside Raptidon Incubation.
- Raptidon Colossus: Attacks from range by spitting a corrosive acid on its prey. Rushes in to maul enemies when its health is low.
- Mega Raptidon: More health than a Colossus or Matriarch with stronger attacks but otherwise almost exactly the same.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- The Doom That Came to Roseway - Anton Crane asks the Stranger to either kill or somehow subdue loose raptidons inside Auntie Cleo's Covert Lab.
Notes[edit | edit source]
The raptidons are actually voiced by a pug that hangs out with the Obsidian Entertainment team.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The Raptidon concept was drawn by Breanna R. Guthrie.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Maximillian DeSoto: "Seriously? Captain, I believe he's making "N-Raptured". It's an aphrodisiac. Rapt musk is the main ingredient."
- Anton Crane, on his research, Roseway Communication Room (Roseway)
- Vaughn Cortes: "Mostly their leptin analogues. Raptidons have four different varieties. Concentrations vary based on the seasons."
- During The Doom That Came to Roseway Anton Crane ask the Stranger to somehow deal with the raptidons that were let out by the outlaws either by killing them or (preferably) subduing them.
- TheThe Outer Worlds - Raptidon Concept