- 1 Global Discussions moderators
- 2 Moderator request
- 3 Laat
- 4 Re: Welcome
- 5 Armor infobox rework
- 6 Variants
- 7 Social Moderator Request
- 8 Re: infobox armor
- 9 Re: Moderator Request
- 10 Writing of the Geothermal Security Chief's Keycard and Roseway Gardens
- 11 *smokebombs*
- 12 I messed sth up with Drinks the Butler
Global Discussions moderators[edit source]
- Welcome new users, hoping they'll turn into regulars
- Facilitate quality discussions
- Educate users about the wiki-side of things.
- Keep an eye out for potential long-term local moderators and then refer them to you and the other local admins
We'll soon make a Discussions post announcing our presence here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them. TheKorraFanatic (Message Wall) (Contributions) (Guestbook) 03:14, October 30, 2019 (UTC)
- I see, thanks for the information, we'll keep it in mind. Sure, I'll join the Discord now and will ask Reverb to do the same. Np, btw. TheKorraFanatic (Message Wall) (Contributions) (Guestbook) 23:25, October 30, 2019 (UTC)
Moderator request[edit source]
Hello, Faulfresse here. I would be interested in becoming a Social Moderator on this wiki. I possess the necessary editorial skills and am confident I'll be able to handle the social moderation part of the role.
Re: Welcome[edit source]
Indeed. And I always appreciate a good Star Wars reference. I honestly didn't expect anyone to recognize/notice me.
Armor infobox rework[edit source]
I finished my revamped armor infobox and I wanted to get your opinion on if it's good enough. On a side note I think the best way to handle variants might be to give them each their own page and info box.
Armor can actually have different stats per damage type, although it's kinda uncommon. For example Water resistant wear, casual has extra protection against corrosion. Also the maximum condition does vary between different armors. It is typically 10,000 but some have higher / lower max condition.
I think it's important to include these because it's so unobvious, yet is very helpful information.
I actually didn't mean to leave damagetypebonus in there, I thought I deleted it.
I agree multiple pages would be clunky, but I think it would be nice to have all variants on the Armor and clothing page. Is there an elegant way to put multiple infoboxes for each variant? (Keep in mind Hat, wide brimmed has 15 variants).
Also forgive me if my formatting is awful in this response, I'm typing on mobile.
Armor rating by damage type[edit source]
I have two ideas how to handle the fact that armor by damage type isnt an important stat for most armor's.
A). Change it so the line in the infobox for armor looks something like this:
Armor: 2 (+ 2 for corrosion)
B). Make it so it just shows base armor, the armor stat that you see in game without looking at the detailed stats. Than have a drop down to show you the break down of all the damage types. Heres a another bad mock-up:
Physical: 2, Plasma: 2, Corrosion: 4, Shock: 2, N-ray 2.
I think option B is the way to go and im going to go test it in the infobox.
Seperate pages for diffrent variants[edit source]
I think the main page for any armor with variants should be used for (variant A) which is the lowest level variant. Than in the variants section of the page have this:
(Im using Riot control helmet Gold for this example)
- *Riot control helmet Gold (A) - Level 13, armor 10, handguns +5
- Riot control helmet Gold (B) - Level 15, armor 12, 1-handed melee +5
- Riot control helmet Gold (C) - Level 20, armor 16, medical +5
- Riot control helmet Gold (D) - Level 26, armor 23, dodge +5
Unique variants[edit source]
- Purpleberry police helmet - (The same thing will be written here but I dont know this items level)
- (Since this is the page the user is currently veiwing it is bolded rather than hyperlinked).
The variants could use the pages Riot control helmet Gold/B and Riot control helmet Gold/C and so on. I think this is the best option because each variant has diffrent locations and a diffrent description. For example variant (A) is colored C&P's colors, gold and red. Variant A is also sold from C&P's vending machines and can be found inside the C&P factory on monarch. While varaint (D) is UDL's colors. black and white. It is sold from the board approved vending machines. I am having trouple grouping Riot control helmet Gold (Variant A) with Riot control helmet Gold (Variant D) when Riot control helmet (Variant A) has far more in common with Standard troop helmet (Variant A).
Do we have a verdict on the Armor infoboxes? Should I go back and re-add the variant tables to the pages where I removed them? Also if we aren't using my new infobox design can I add level and/or durability to the current armor infobox?
Social Moderator Request[edit source]
Hello I would like to apply for social moderator. I have been in many wikis before including Nukapedia and I would like to become a Social Moderator to not only help people with editing and also wiki but make sure the community and it's socialness is peaceful and follow the etiquette every user needs so that other users get respect and courtesy. If I become a Social Moderator I will fulfill the needs on an almost everyday basis to enforce the rules and help people as a charity and volunteer rather than doing it for the title. I will understand that if you decide not to then I will abide by your decision.
Re: infobox armor[edit source]
Ok, I will do what you have been doing for the armor's with variants. I need to add back the different variants for some of the pages I worked on. As for naming the diffrent variants, i suggest either going by the base level or the physical appearence / color. For hat, wide brimmed it could be: White, plain. White, leather band. White, braided band. The corporate armor could be name after the corporation: C&P. Rizzo's. Spacer's Choice. Oh, and don't sweat fast responses. I used to moderate some reddit pages and I totally get it.
Re: Moderator Request[edit source]
Ok I understand. Thank you fot the feedback and once I am active and known in the community I will apply again.
Writing of the Geothermal Security Chief's Keycard and Roseway Gardens[edit source]
had checked it atm, and this item is ingame written as Keycard with a capital "K" ... Windows PC version of the game. Same for Roseway >G<ardens.
- stumbled over the fact itself, since I did literally minutes before you moved that pages some automaticly "generated" (by "autofill") links to the keycard page. And testing it sometimes later, I got an error message. With your hint on "if the noun is generic" you kinda "left me out in the rain", since I have no "feeling" if a noun is generic or not ... to me as a german all noun "has" to be written with a leading capital :) ... will try my best.
Until your message I thought, in Wikis like this all ingame "Names" might be used unchanged, regardless of "normal" writing rules? If the policies on this Wiki are different, all of my posts have to be checked on this, because - with no better knowledge - I may use the ingame writing. Paladin Aladin (talk) 14:06, April 3, 2020 (UTC)
u didn't see anything --definitely not anyone you know who is tardy for hot leaf water 02:08, June 20, 2020 (UTC)
- As good as it ever is (at least since I joined) lol. I played TOW on release and smashed through it but thinking of going back for another run soon. So naturally I thought I'd poke my head into the wiki and see if there was stuff to fill out on my way through. Then I saw a typo and couldn't help but fix it. It's a sickness, I tells ya :D L84tea Would you like a cup of tea?
I messed sth up with Drinks the Butler[edit source]
Hey, I was trying to take a peek on what you changed in it's wiki entry (I am trying to improve my "editor skills") and something went horribly wrong. The page was looking amazing, now it's a mess. I have no idea how I did it and how to revert it. Even the picture of poor Drinks is gone :/ Could you please take a looksie and fix it? I am so, so terribly sorry!
Thanks for cleaning my mess, kind Feline :D!