Weapons are the primary source of offence (or defense) in the Outer Worlds. There is a wide selection from handguns and melee weapons, to heavier firearms.
Weapons can be modified to change their capabilities. For example the heavy machine gun can be adapted to use shock rounds as opposed to the ballistic projectiles it was originally designed to utilise.
In The Outer Worlds each weapon infringes a type of damage, each with its advantages and disadvantages depending on the objective. There are 5 damage types:
- Physical - Weak against armor.
- Plasma - Good against flesh but week against mantisaurs. Plasma weapons use high-energy fields to draw in and convert ambient aether into a superheated plasma state.
- Corrosion - Good against armor, including automechanicals, mantisaurs and heavy armor.
- Shock - Good against automechanicals.
- N-Ray - Bypasses armor, week against inorganic entities.
Ballistic Weapons Edit
|Revolver Mk 2|
Long guns Edit
|Dead-Eye assault rifle|
|Heavy machine gun|
Science weapons Edit
|The Force Ultimatum|